As you all know, we techies most probably stay away from our home ... Isliye khane ka thoda bahut problem hota hain ..but i have been enjoying this new journey of cooking food... I will try my best to update some recipe on my blog with intense that it will sure help guys to cook of their own and enjoy..!! Believe me you feel very good tasting ur own food, it gives u internal happiness...
Today, I made a common cuisine which is made in indian house almost everyday..And that is "Toor Dal"
- Toor dal (1/4th cup)
- Oil (2-3 tbsp)
- Red chilies
- Turmeric powder (1/4th tbsp)
- Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- Onion (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves (limdo)
- Asfaeotida (hing)
- Butter (opt.)
- Green chilies
- Mustard seeds (rai)
- Cumin seeds (jeera)
- coriander leaves (cilantro)
- Salt (to taste)
- Red chilli
- Garlic (2 cloves)
- Pressure cook toor dal with sufficient water. Give atleast 3 whistles. Toor dal should mash when pressed.
- Add oil and mustard seeds in pan and let it split. Also, add cumin seeds in it.
- Add garlic to make toor dal bit tasty. Make sure to cook only for few seconds and shows brown color at edge.
- Add turmeric powder and mix it well. Add onions, curry leaves and green chillies. Cook for a minute.
- Add little salt in it, you can add salt as per your taste. Also, add chopped tomatoes. If it is getting dryer, then add little water.
- You can add little butter it really smells tasty...Now add toor dal in pan and mix it well and let it heat for few minutes.
- When Dal is made, it is followed by process "Tadka" by mixing various spices in small amount of oil.
- Heat little oil in another pan and add mustard seeds + hing + curry leaves and then pour this tadka on top of dal.
- Add coriander leaves for garnishing and dal is ready....!!!
Note: Ingredients and method may vary .. But my main objective is here to provide some details so other can benefit and enjoy cooking.